Thursday, April 24, 2014

Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl

The other day there was a Panera commercial with soup in a bread bowl and thought that would be nice for a Friday dinner during Lent. So I decided to make clam chowder, which I haven't made in a long time and thought it was about time to make it again. In the mean time I've been gathering recipes from two of my cookbooks, "Don't Panic--Dinner's in the Freezer" and "Don't Panic--More Dinner's in the Freezer" and one of the recipes that was on my list to make was Clam Chowder. This isn't that much different from any other clam chowder recipe, but since it was geared for freezer meals, it was a good choice. It was very easy to make, but rich! Yes, there was a lot left over, so I had plenty to freeze.


Personally, I think the sourdough bread bowl is the best part. But that's just me, lol!

 

Recipe card done in My Digital Studio (MDS)
  • Afternoon Tea II DSP
  • Sweet Stitches DSP
  • Scallop Circle Punch
  • Mid-Century clip-art
I can also print out and mount onto cardstock later and keep in my recipe file. The Mid-Century clip art I got off Etsy. So simple to make in My Digital Studio.

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1634
 
April 22 - 27, while supply lasts.


FREE SHIPPING CONTINUES NOW THROUGH TOMORROW, APRIL 25.  No matter how large or small your order is, EVERYTHING ships free through April 25th!


Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

I'm back cross-stitching

  Well, not yet, but real soon because my daughter found a Halloween cross-stitch booklet that I thought I lost forever. So my plans are to ...